Wet Crawl Space
This is a vulnerable area of the home which is often overlooked by the average homeowner. When this space isn't properly sealed off with the use of NASH® vapor barriers, floor liners, sump pumps, and Santa Fe® dehumidifiers, it is only a matter of time until moisture gets inside and causes problems.
Below are some of the warning signs that indicate that there is a moisture problem beneath your home:
- Home smells musty (indication of mold/mildew growth)
- Noticeable sinking or sagging spots on the first level of the home
- Water can be seen building up next to the footing on the exterior of the home
- Unwanted critters can be seen entering/leaving the CS from outside (indication that there is rotting wood inside attracting them)
To take care of the problem, our team of professionals make use of a process known as sealing this space off from the outside environment so that moisture, excess humidity, and unwanted pests can't get inside to cause damage. The process will begin with a thorough inspection of the environment from one of our trained and knowledgeable techs. This is to help us get an idea of how much damage has been done, as well as areas where moisture is able to get inside.
Next, we will discuss the installation with you for vapor barriers, liners, sump pumps, etc. so that you are comfortable and educated about the work that will be happening beneath your home. We make use of high quality, effective, and trusted products, so you can rest assured knowing your home will be in good hands with our team.
After the work is completed, we will do a final inspection of the entire environment, including looking at:
- Exterior and interior footing drains
- CS insulation
- Sill plate
- Interior/exterior walls
- Floor joists